We will be very busy this July! The toddlers will take a look at Independence Day and learn about fireworks, the colors red, white, and blue, and lots more! We will also be introducing basic yoga for kids into our schedule. Yoga is a great way for the children to take a couple of moments to relax from their busy routines!
As you may have noticed, we have moved the little yellow table onto the tile where the 'kidney' table was! We are beginning to transition the toddlers to this new table to help foster independence skills. Along with learning to sit and eat at a new table, they are also learning to throw their trash into the garbage can and put their dirty dishes in the dirty dishes bin!
- Show your 4th of July spirit by wearing red, white and blue on July 3!
- Keep an eye out for water day dates!
Does your child help put on their own clothes, or try to? Do they like to open and close doors, or turn the water on and off when washing their hands? These small actions show us that toddlers are becoming more independent everyday! Toddlerhood is one of the most exciting times to watch your child grow. Here at Babes in Toyland, we encourage independence all throughout the day. Here are some examples of things toddlers can do at home:
In the morning:
- hold a comb to brush their hair
- help get dressed or try to put their shoes on
- carry their cup/ dishes to the sink
- push open/ close doors
During the day:
- help put silverware in the dishwasher
- put things in the trash can
- clean/ wipe things with a paper towel
- put their toys away
- help get undressed
- put dirty clothes where they belong
- choose a good night story for you to read
- turn off the light before going to sleep
If you have any questions, please let us know! :-)