Happy July! This month we will make our official jump into field trip fun. First, firefighter and parent Ann E. will educate our little ones on fire safety in summer, following which we'll visit the Rochester Hills fire department for a closer look at what these brave men and women do for their community.
Our second week of camp will be centered on the concept of “transportation.” Heather J., our special guest of the week, will jumpstart a week of transportation fun which will culminate in our very own carwash. Make sure to drop by if you want a little gunk off your rims.
Our third week will be full of good ol' fashioned summer fun. We will spend some time playing at the North Hill Elementary School playground. The Cinderella musical at Adams High School, too, promises to be tremendously fun. Ben H., special guest of this week, will be talking to us about law and order. The special guest wrapping up our July fun is Jennifer R.. This last week of our fun-filled month will be no exception, with a library tour and, especially, a clown visit that promises to be one of the highlights of the summer. As always, we will be keeping up with our journal entries, as well as expanding our culinary and gardening skills.
● Please remember the timing of our water day depends on morning temperatures, though we will almost always be able to enjoy our water day during afternoon outdoor time. Thus, please remember to send in water shoes, a towel, a bathing suit, sunscreen, and whatever else your child might require.
● Please also supply make sure your child bring in closed-toe shoes. Earlier in June we had an accident where a child badly stubbed a toe, so please help us keep these kinds of incidents from happening. *If you have some extra time, pop into the infant/toddler room to introduce yourself to Alissa and Sarah, the newest members of the Babes in Toyland family.
● For Show and Tell day on Thursdays, please plan for your child to only bring one item at a time. With so many creative, excited, and talkative young men and women, we barely have time to get through one item each.
Have a safe summer month of July and great Independence Day. Stay safe.
● Manners – As we enter our field trip season we are reminding our young ones to listen to our guests and our hosts, take turns, and learning never to interrupt anyone speaking.
● Vocabulary – Our group is at an age where they might inadvertently repeat inappropriate language or conversations overheard at home or out in public, so we will be working on teaching our kids how to differentiate between the right kinds of things to repeat and language better left to adults.
● Supporting Class Rules – As your child grows up, it is important to teach him or her how to act in a public setting with particular rules, especially a setting such as a classroom. We thus try to instill an atmosphere where everyone is using indoor voices and is courteous of others, while encouraging children to follow rules, such as those regarding what kinds of toys are acceptable at the daycare, etc.